“We inspire the world by meeting the needs of people with content that promotes biblical principles and honors Jesus Christ.”
HarperCollins Christian Publishing operates as a values-driven organization. As one company, we strive for excellence in all our content by holding ourselves to these standards:
Integrity- We maintain high ethical and moral standards in speech and in personal and professional conduct. We operate with honesty, knowing that ultimately God is in control of the results. (Matthew 5:37; Romans 12:9; Titus 2: 7-8)
- We give our personal best, setting an example by pursuing excellence.
- We offer our most creative work.
- We give due credit to our colleagues, and God the glory of our successes.
- We deliver what we promise.
- We seek continuous improvement in all that we do.
Accountability- We hold ourselves and our colleagues to high standards for our actions and quality of our products. We encourage everyone to take responsibility for their actions. (Galatians 6:4)
- We adhere to company policies.
- We take responsibility for our weaknesses and failures.
- We practice good stewardship of our resources.
- We tell the truth even when it is uncomfortable.
- We clearly communicate responsibilities and job expectations.
- We honestly communicate the health of the business to the employees.
- We recognize, reward and publicly honor outstanding performance.
Initiative-We empower our employees to proactively contribute to the success of the company. We encourage our people to innovate and execute, independently and collaboratively. (Romans 12: 6-8; 1 Corinthians 3: 7-9)
- We seek God’s direction in all that we do.
- We focus our people and resources to maximize our efficiency and effectiveness.
- We embrace change and cultivate a culture where being initiative is expected and rewarded.
- We find growth personally and professionally where innovation is initiated and executed.
Respect-We have as much consideration for the personal and professional worth and dignity of others as we do ourselves. We want to create an environment that is positive for our employees, authors, vendors and retailers. (Luke 6:31)
- We treat all employees, authors, vendors, customers, and competitors with the utmost respect.
- We value each other’s time.
- We respect all roles within the organization, recognizing that each contributes to the success and growth of our business.
- We encourage personal and professional growth of our employees.
- We resolve conflicts in healthy and timely ways.
- We foster an environment that encourages open, candid dialogue.
- We display respect when sharing ideas so that others are confident in their performance.
Service- By following the example of Jesus, we seek to serve others with humility. We serve our authors, retailers and readers to the best of our ability with products that inspire the world. (John 13: 14-17; Matthew 20: 27-28)
- We look for opportunities to help others with their assignments and responsibilities.
- We are alert to the needs of others and seek to serve them, even when it is not convenient.
- We consistently do more than is required of us.
- We give to others our time and our resources without expecting anything in return.
- We look for opportunities where our service can best glorify Jesus.
- We are committed to serving our communities and organizations that make it a priority to serve others.
- We will form strategic partnerships with organizations that can benefit from our service of time and resources.