From Social Media to Social Ministry
A Guide to Digital Discipleship
On Sale: 2020-08-04
From Social Media to Social Ministry is the 21st-century playbook to help the Church fulfill the Great Commission in the digital age.
About the Book
This book outlines digital discipleship principles for building an online community and provides practical instruction for how to do it no matter how big or small a local church may be.
There are more than 2.3 billion professing Christians in the world and more and more new churches launching globally, yet statistics show that in-person church attendance is declining or plateauing in every nation. Although social technology has been around for more than two decades, church leaders have long bristled at the idea of church online, ranking it as the last concern on their minds in Barna's 2020 state of the church report published February 3, 2020. And then, three weeks later, COVID-19 closed the doors of every church on earth and suddenly forced them entirely online.
Nona Jones, a globally acclaimed thought leader on leveraging technology for ministry, had been leading a movement and sounding the alarm for several years to make digital discipleship a central part of every church’s ministry approach. In From Social Media to Social Ministry, she outlines her digital discipleship principles and provides practical instruction for how to do it no matter how big or small a local church may be. There are plenty of books to help churches build a social media strategy, but this is the first book of its kind that goes beyond digital marketing to digital ministry.
Readers will leave this book with:
- Clarity on what discipleship truly is
- The data that underscores the urgency for digital discipleship
- Understanding of the resources required to do it well
- A step-by-step guide on how to implement digital discipleship into ministry plans
- Knowledge of the differences among and purposes of the most popular social platforms, as well as the tools best positioned for digital ministry
- ISBN: 9780310103868
- ISBN 10: 031010386X
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2020-08-04
- Pages: 176
- List Price: $18.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2020-08-04
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 12.000mm
- Weight: 167.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / General
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Social Issues
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Discipleship