Telling a Better Story
How to Talk About God in a Skeptical Age
On Sale: 2020-06-30
In Telling a Better Story, author Joshua Chatraw presents a new, inside-out approach to offering reasons for the Christian faith, one geared toward conversations with unbelievers that are relevant, respectful of where they're at, purposeful, and always honoring of others and Christ.
About the Book
Christianity Today 2021 Book Award Winner: Apologetics & Evangelism
Telling a Better Story clears a path to a more effective, empathetic apologetics for today—both for experienced apologists and those new to sharing their faith with others.
Today's Christians often view the practice of defending their faith as pushy or unnecessary. Won't it just be taken for proselytizing? Don't many unbelievers find it offensive? Many Christians have shifted to a strategy of hoping that our lives will show Christ to our neighbors—and, while this is certainly good, it's no substitute to actively telling people about Christ.
In Telling a Better Story, author Joshua Chatraw presents a new and refreshing way to engage in apologetics that will help you tell the story of Christ in a holistic, culturally-contextual manner that—while being respectful—helps unbelievers imagine a more complete happiness and a better meaning to life.
Telling a Better Story will give you the tools to:
- Understand the cultural stories that surround us.
- Recognize how these secular stories have shaped the way many people think.
- Learn how to tell God's story in a fresh way that allows today's younger generations to see it as a more meaningful and more hopeful story than the scripts around it.
Finally, you'll also learn how to deal with the perennial issues and common objections to Christianity.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2020-06-30
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2020-06-30
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Apologetics
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Social Issues
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Discipleship
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Evangelism
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / General