God of All Things
Rediscovering the Sacred in an Everyday World
On Sale: 2021-03-02
God created a physical world full of marvels both mundane and extraordinary, which portray glimpses of the sacred for those with eyes to see. In God of All Things, author Andrew Wilson celebrates the everyday created things that point us toward our Creator.
About the Book
Abstract theology is overrated, for God can be found in even the most ordinary of things.
Jesus used things like a lily, sparrow, and sheep to teach about the kingdom of God. And in the Old Testament, God repeatedly describes himself and his saving work in relation to physical things such as a rock, horn, or eagle.
In God of All Things, pastor and author Andrew Wilson invites you to rediscover God in this way, too—through ordinary, everyday things. He explores the idea of a material world and presents a variety of created marvels that reveal the gospel in everyday life and fuel worship and joy in God—marvels like:
- Dust: the image of God
- Horns: the salvation of God
- Donkeys: the peace of God
- Water: the life of God
- Viruses: the problem of God
- Cities: the kingdom of God
God of All Things will leave you with a deeper understanding of Scripture, the world you live in, and the God who made it all.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2021-03-02
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2021-03-02
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Systematic
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / General
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Devotional
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 6 : RELIGION / Philosophy
- Category 7 : RELIGION / Christian Rituals & Practice / Sacraments