For the Body
Recovering a Theology of Gender, Sexuality, and the Human Body
On Sale: 2020-11-17
In For the Body, author Timothy Tennent explores the contours of the Christian vision of the body and human sexuality that focuses on God's design and the purpose of the human body, the variety of different ways we are called into relationships with others, and how contemporary society has marred this grand vision.
About the Book
An in-depth look at what it means to be created in the image of God and how our bodies serve as icons that illuminate God's purposes instead of ours.
The human body is an amazing gift, yet today, many people downplay its importance and fail to understand what Christianity teaches about our bodies and their God-given purposes. Many people misunderstand how the body was designed, its role in relating to others; and we lack awareness of the dangers of objectifying the body, divorcing it from its intended purpose.
Timothy Tennent covers topics like marriage, family, singleness, and friendship, and he looks at how the human body has been objectified in art and media today. For the Body offers a biblical framework for discipling people today in a Christian theology of the body.
Tennent—theologian and president of Asbury Theological Seminary—explores the contours of a robust Christian vision of the body, human sexuality, and the variety of different ways we are called into relationships with others. This book will reveal a theological vision that:
- Informs our self-understanding of our own bodies.
- Examines how we treat others.
- Reevaluates how we engage today's controversial and difficult discussions on human sexuality with grace, wisdom, and confidence.
For the Body is a call to a deeper understanding of our bodies and an invitation to recapture the wonder of this amazing gift.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2020-11-17
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Series: Seedbed Resources
- Publication Date: 2020-11-17
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Social Issues
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Anthropology
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Discipleship
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Sexuality & Gender Studies