How (Not) to Read the Bible
Making Sense of the Anti-women, Anti-science, Pro-violence, Pro-slavery and Other Crazy-Sounding Parts of Scripture
On Sale: 2020-12-01
In How (Not) to Read the Bible, pastor and bestselling author Dan Kimball tackles one of the most pressing apologetic challenges of the twenty-first-century church--how do we read and interpret the Bible? He looks at five of the most common challenges, including questions about science, violence, and the treatment of women.
About the Book
Is Reading the Bible the Fastest Way to Lose Your Faith?
For centuries, the Bible was called "the Good Book," a moral and religious text that guides us into a relationship with God and shows us the right way to live. Today, however, some people argue the Bible is outdated and harmful, with many Christians unaware of some of the odd and disturbing things the Bible says.
How (Not) to Read the Bible tackles big questions like:
- Does the Bible degrade women?
- Is the Bible anti-science?
- How could a loving God command such violence in the Old Testament?
- Does the Bible endorse slavery?
Bestselling author Dan Kimball guides you step-by-step in how to tackle many of the real questions that people wrestle with when reading the Bible and how to make sense of many of the more difficult and disturbing Bible passages.
Filled with fun stories, insightful information, and responses to popular cultural objections, How (Not) to Read the Bible is a lifeline for anyone—Christians and doubters alike—who are confused or discouraged with questions about the Bible.
Yes, there are puzzling and disturbing Bible passages. . . But there are explanations!
*Accompanying images and reference tables are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2020-12-01
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2020-12-01
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Education / General
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / General
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Education / Adult
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / General
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / History & Culture
- Category 6 : RELIGION / Biblical Reference / Handbooks
- Category 7 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 8 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Discipleship
- Category 9 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Ethics