A Doubter's Guide to World Religions
A Fair and Friendly Introduction to the History, Beliefs, and Practices of the Big Five
On Sale: 2022-04-12
A Doubter's Guide to World Religions presents each of the world's five major religions and carefully outlines the history, belief systems, and spiritual practices of Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam so that the interested and curious doubters can explore their similarities and differences.
About the Book
*Read by the author.
For believers and skeptics alike, A Doubter's Guide to World Religions introduces the five major world religions so that you can explore their similarities and differences in a fair and engaging way.
The world is a very religious place. Wherever you look, people are worshipping, praying, believing, following, even dying for their faith. But what does it mean to be religious? Are all religions the same? Do they all call on the same God simply using different names? Are their beliefs and practices simply cultural expressions of the same spiritual longings?
Written and read by historian and theologian John Dickson in his characteristically engaging style, this audiobook presents each of the world's five major systems of faith, carefully outlining the history, doctrines, beliefs, and spiritual practices of:
- Hinduism ("The Way of Release")
- Buddhism ("The Way of Enlightenment")
- Judaism ("The Way of the Torah")
- Christianity ("The Way of the Christ")
- Islam ("The Way of Submission")
In his own words, Dickson acts as an art curator in a gallery, presenting each of these "works of art" in their best light and letting each have their say. Along the way, he demonstrates the importance of religion in general—to society and to individual believers—and addresses many of the universal questions that all of these serious and ancient religions ask:
- Who are we?
- What is our worth?
- How should we live?
- Are we alone?
Accompanying visuals, recommended resources, and a glossary are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2022-04-12
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2022-04-12
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / General
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Apologetics
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Buddhism / General (see also PHILOSOPHY / Buddhist)
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Comparative Religion
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Islam / Theology
- Category 6 : RELIGION / Theism