An Introduction to the Calling and Work of a Pastor
On Sale: 2021-03-02
In Gospel-Driven Ministry, Jared Wilson looks at the qualifications for the pastorate, addressing the notion of a call to ministry and how to identify the marks of maturity and affirm a call. In addition, he unpacks the eight core practices of pastoral ministry and offers guidance to prepare pastors for long-term, healthy ministry.
About the Book
From the beginning of his ministry, Jesus called and equipped individuals who would serve his community of followers. These "shepherds" are called to preach, pray, and care for the needs of God's people. But what does it mean to be a pastor? And what is the nature of this ministry, according to the Bible?
In Gospel-Driven Ministry, Jared Wilson begins by looking at the qualifications for the pastorate, addressing the notion of a call to ministry and how an individual--and a church community--can best identify the marks of maturity and affirm a call. In each chapter, Wilson looks at one of the core practices of pastoral ministry, including:
- Preaching Sermons
- Developing a Vibrant Prayer Life
- Caring and Counseling
- Pastoring Married and Single
- Gospel-Centered Leadership
- Fighting Sin and Spiritual Warfare
- Resolving Conflict
- Passing on the Ministry to Others
In addition, Wilson provides practical resources including theological insights on baptism and the Lord's Supper, guidance for wedding and funeral sermons, outlines for leading elder and deacon meetings, tips for interviewing new pastors, questions to ask at ordination, and advice on knowing when and how to leave a pastor role. This is a comprehensive, practical guide to pastoral ministry that prepares new pastors and equips those currently serving for long-term, healthy ministry.
Suggestions for further reading, accompanying tables, and reflection questions are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2021-03-02
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2021-03-02
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Pastoral Resources
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Preaching
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Church / Leadership
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / General