Free to Thrive
How Your Hurt, Struggles, and Deepest Longings Can Lead to a Fulfilling Life
On Sale: 2021-08-17
In Free to Thrive, Josh McDowell and Ben Bennett blend hard-won wisdom and youthful energy to present biblical, time-tested, and research-supported principles for overcoming hurts, struggles, and hindrances to a whole life--a life of spiritual, emotional, and relational wholeness instead of brokenness--the kind of life you were born to live.
About the Book
Learn how to uncover your unmet, God-given longings and satisfy them in ways that lead away from brokenness toward spiritual wholeness.
Many people today are struggling with unprecedented levels of anxiety, hurt, doubt, guilt, and shame. Medical and mental health professionals confirm that much of the dysfunction and disconnectedness we experience in life stems from unresolved relational and emotional hurts. These hurts leave us with unfulfilled desires that we seek to satisfy through unhealthy behaviors and relationships. Yet, our struggles aren't random; they're signals that when answered, can pave our way towards a thriving life.
In Free to Thrive, Josh McDowell and Ben Bennett invite you on a journey of healing and will teach you how to overcome unwanted behaviors by engaging your unmet longings. With a blend of hard-won wisdom, compassion, and youthful energy, they present:
- Biblical teaching.
- Up-to-date neuroscientific research.
- Time-tested principles.
- Personal stories of deliverance from addictions and unwanted behavior.
- Practical tools
- Opportunities and questions for deeper for reflection and self-evaluation.
No matter what you are struggling with, it is possible to experience the spiritual, emotional, and relational wholeness that God wants you to have--and live the thriving life you were made for.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2021-08-17
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2021-08-17
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Counseling & Recovery
- Category 2 : PSYCHOLOGY / Psychopathology / Addiction
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Men's Issues
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 6 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Apologetics
- Category 7 : SELF-HELP / Abuse
- Category 8 : SELF-HELP / Compulsive Behavior / Sex & Pornography Addiction