Scripture's Call to Leverage Privilege
On Sale: 2021-08-24
In Subversive Witness, Dominique DuBois Gilliard highlights how the stories of key biblical figures show that Christians have an opportunity and responsibility to steward, leverage, and at times forsake privilege for the furtherance of the kingdom and good of neighbor.
About the Book
Learn to leverage privilege.
Privilege is a social consequence of our unwillingness to reckon with and turn from sin. But properly stewarded, it can help us see and participate in God's inbreaking kingdom. Scripture repeatedly affirms that privilege is real and declares that, rather than exploiting it for selfish gain or feeling immobilized by it, Christians have a responsibility to leverage it.
Subversive Witness asks us to grapple with privilege, indifference, and systemic sin in new ways by using biblical examples to reveal the complex nature of privilege and Christians' responsibility in stewarding it well.
Dominique DuBois Gilliard highlights several people in the Bible who understood this kingdom call. Through their stories, you will discover how to leverage privilege to:
- Resist Sin
- Stand in Solidarity with the Oppressed
- Birth Liberation
- Create Systemic Change
- Proclaim the Good News
- Generate Social Transformation
By embodying Scripture's subversive call to leverage--and at times forsake--privilege, readers will learn to love their neighbors sacrificially, enact systemic change, and grow more Christlike as citizens of God's kingdom.
Reflection questions are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2021-08-24
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2021-08-24
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Social Issues
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Ethics