Karl Barth's Church Dogmatics for Everyone, Volume 1---The Doctrine of the Word of God
A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners and Pros
On Sale: 2022-06-21
Karl Barth’s Church Dogmatics for Everyone is a 5-volume tour guide to the greatest theological work of one of the greatest Christian theologians of the twentieth century. Each section contains insights for pastors and new theologians, including summaries of the section, contextual considerations, and other visually informative features.
About the Book
A Guided Tour of One of the Greatest Theological Works of the Twentieth Century
Karl Barth's Church Dogmatics is considered by many to be the most important theological work of the twentieth century and for many people reading it, or at least understanding its contents and arguments, is a lifelong goal. Yet its enormous size, at over 12,000 pages (in English translations) and enough print volumes to fill an entire shelf, make reading it a daunting prospect for seasoned theologians and novices alike.
Karl Barth's Church Dogmatics for Everyone, Volume 1--The Doctrine of the Word of God helps bridge the gap for would-be Karl Barth readers from beginners to professionals by offering an introduction to Barth's theology and thought like no other. User-friendly and creative, this guide helps readers get the gist, significance, and relevance of what Barth intended for the church... to restore the focus of theology and revitalize the practices of the church.
Each section contains insights for pastors, new theologians, professionals, and ordinary people including:
- Summaries of the section
- Contextual considerations
- And other visually informative features that reinforce the main points of the Barth's thought
In addition, each volume features the voices of authors from different academic disciplines who contribute brief reflections on the value of Church Dogmatics for creative discovery in their disciplines. Volume 1 reflections include:
- Douglas Campbell (biblical studies)
- Myk Habets (systematic theology)
- Richard Keith (pastors)
- Julie Canlis (ordinary people)
- James Chaousis (mental health)
- John Vissers (spiritual formation)
Whether you are just discovering Barth or want a fresh look at his magnum opus, this series invites you to an enjoyable and insightful journey into the Church Dogmatics.
- Imprint: Zondervan Academic
- On Sale: 2022-06-21
- Pages: 304
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Series: Karl Barth’s Church Dogmatics for Everyone
- Publication Date: 2022-06-21
- Trim Size: 25.000mm x 25.000mm x 25.000mm
- Weight: 271.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Systematic
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / Exegesis & Hermeneutics
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / History
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Education / Adult