Not in It to Win It
Why Choosing Sides Sidelines The Church
On Sale: 2022-05-10
Not In It To Win It is a relatable and practical resource that guides readers to the priorities of Jesus, even as we are navigating the complicated and emotionally-charged terrain of today’s cultural divides and disagreements. Setting aside partisanship, Andy challenges readers to evaluate all of life through the wide-angle lens of faith.
About the Book
Read by the author.
Is it possible to disagree politically and love unconditionally? The reaction of evangelicals to political and cultural shifts in recent years revealed what they value most. Lurking beneath our Bible-laced rhetoric, faith claims, books, and sermons is a relentless drive to WIN!
But the church is not here to win. By every human measure, our Savior lost. On purpose. With a purpose. And we are his body. We are not in it to win anything. We are in it for something else entirely. That something else is what this book is about.
- How to take a stand the right way. You'll learn how to make your case with a posture of humility and understanding, rather than being fueled by the fear of losing something.
- How to view politics through the lens of faith. Learn curiously, listen intentionally, and love unconditionally.
- How the life of Jesus and his teaching applies to modern-day challenges in a fresh way. The "biblical" stand may not be what we've been taught.
Jesus never asked his followers to agree on everything. But he did call his followers to obey a new command: to love others in the same way he has loved us. Instead of asserting our rights or fighting for power, we need to begin asking ourselves: what does love require of me?
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2022-05-10
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2022-05-10
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Religion, Politics & State
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / General
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Social Issues
- Category 5 : SOCIAL SCIENCE / Sociology of Religion