Practicing the Power
Welcoming the Gifts of the Holy Spirit in Your Life
On Sale: 2021-11-23
How can Christians pursue and implement the miraculous gifts of the Spirit without falling into fanatical excess and splitting the church in the process? In Practicing the Power, pastor and author Sam Storms offers practical steps to understanding and exercising spiritual gifts that remains grounded in the word and centered in the gospel.
About the Book
How can Christians pursue and implement the miraculous gifts of the Spirit without falling into fanatical excess and splitting the church in the process?
The Bible teaches us that we are to be filled with God's Spirit and that God's presence and grace is manifested among his people as they serve, love, and minister to one another. Yet some of the gifts that God offers to his people aren't commonly seen in many churches today. Gifts of prophecy, healing, tongues, and other supernatural gifts of God seem to be absent, and many Christians are unsure how to cultivate an atmosphere where God's Spirit can work while remaining committed to the foundational truth of God's Word.
In Practicing the Power, pastor and author Sam Storms offers practical steps to understanding and exercising spiritual gifts in a way that remains grounded in the word and centered in the gospel, including:
- Combining sound theology with inspiring personal examples.
- Covering all kinds of practical and theological questions about using gifts.
- Practical ways to express the compassion of Jesus to others by partnering with Him in spiritual gifts.
With examples drawn from his 40 years of ministry as a pastor and teacher, Practicing the Power offers help to pastors, elders, and church members to understand what changes are needed to see God move in supernatural power and to guard against excess and abuse of the spiritual gifts.
If you long to see God's Spirit move in your church and life, and aren't sure why that isn't happening or where to begin, this book is for you.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2021-11-23
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2021-11-23
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Pneumatology
- Category 2 : BODY, MIND & SPIRIT / Healing / Prayer & Spiritual
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Spirituality
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Soteriology
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Christianity / Pentecostal & Charismatic
- Category 6 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / General