A Doubter's Guide to the Bible
Inside History’s Bestseller for Believers and Skeptics
On Sale: 2022-10-18
The Bible is the most influential book in history, yet remains unexplored by many. In A Doubter’s Guide to the Bible, John Dickson gives those observing Christianity from the outside a sense of the whole biblical narrative and the lifestyle it inspires.
About the Book
Read by the author
A concise account of the whole biblical narrative and what it means—as well as the beliefs and lifestyle it inspires—for those observing Christianity from the outside, especially those who think there are good reasons not to believe.
A Doubter's Guide to the Bible charts a biblical roadmap from the story of creation to the fulfillment of creation, answering many of the most frequently asked questions along the way:
- How can we read the creation account in Genesis in light of modern science?
- How should Old Testament law be understood when it appears inconsistent and irrelevant?
- Isn't the story of Jesus' birth a little far-fetched?
- What is the Gospel? Why are there four accounts of the same thing, and what are they really saying?
John Dickson provides a readable and inviting Bible primer for anyone interested in informing themselves about the most widely read book in the history of humanity.
By presenting the whole of the Bible as an account of God's promise to restore humanity to Himself, and humans to one another and to creation, Dickson allows believers and skeptics alike to gain insight into why the Bible has been a compelling, life-changing, and magnetic force throughout the ages—and why it still matters.
Timelines are included in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2022-10-18
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2022-10-18
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / Bible Study Guides
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Biblical Criticism & Interpretation / Old Testament
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Apologetics
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / History