Two Views on Women in Ministry
On Sale: 2005-09-13
This revised and strengthened edition presents two essays representing the egalitarian and the complementarian/hierarchical views of women and ministry.
About the Book
The role of women in positions of worship and church leadership is one of the most divisive and inconclusive biblical debates.
Two Views on Women in Ministry furnishes you with a clear and thorough presentation of the two primary exegetical arguments so you can better understand each one's strengths, weaknesses, and complexities.
- Egalitarian - equal ministry opportunity for both genders (represented by Linda L. Belleville and Craig S. Keener)
- Complementarian - men and women fill distinctive ministry roles (represented by Craig L. Blomberg and Thomas R. Schreiner)
This revised edition brings the exchange of ideas and perspectives into the traditional Counterpoints format. Each author states his or her case and is then critiqued by the other contributors.
The fair-minded, interactive Counterpoints forum allows you to compare and contrast the two different positions and form your own opinion concerning the practical and often deeply personal subject of women in ministry.
The Counterpoints series presents a comparison and critique of scholarly views on topics important to Christians that are both fair-minded and respectful of the biblical text. Each volume is a one-stop reference that allows readers to evaluate the different positions on a specific issue and form their own, educated opinion.
- Imprint: Zondervan Academic
- On Sale: 2005-09-13
- Pages: 368
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Series: Counterpoints: Bible and Theology
- Publication Date: 2005-09-13
- Trim Size: 137.000mm x 203.000mm x 50.000mm
- Weight: 317.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Women's Issues
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Church / Leadership
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Social Issues
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Rituals & Practice / Worship & Liturgy
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Preaching