Four Views on Moving beyond the Bible to Theology
On Sale: 2009-10-24
Four Views on Moving Beyond the Bible to Theology evaluates interpretive models of applying biblical texts and provides perspectives on questions of moving from Scripture to theology.
About the Book
Learn to identify, evaluate, and refine your approach to forming theological conclusions based on the biblical text.
The Bible has long served as the standard for Christian practice, yet believers still disagree on how biblical passages should be interpreted and applied. Only when readers fully understand the constructs that inform their process of moving from Scripture to theology--and those of others--can Christians fully evaluate teachings that claim to be "biblical."
In this book--part of the Counterpoints series--scholars who affirm an inspired Bible, relevant and authoritative for every era, present models they consider most faithful to Scripture
- Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.: Principlizing Model
- Daniel M. Doriani: Redemptive-Historical Model
- Kevin J. Vanhoozer: Drama-of-Redemption Model
- William J. Webb: Redemptive-Movement Model
Each position receives critiques from the proponents of the other views. Moreover, due to the far-reaching implications this topic holds for biblical studies, theology, and church teaching, this book includes three additional reflections by Christopher J. H. Wright, Mark L. Strauss, and Al Wolters on the theological and practical interpretation of biblical texts.
The Counterpoints series presents a comparison and critique of scholarly views on topics important to Christians that are both fair-minded and respectful of the biblical text. Each volume is a one-stop reference that allows readers to evaluate the different positions on a specific issue and form their own, educated opinion.
- Imprint: Zondervan Academic
- On Sale: 2009-10-24
- Pages: 384
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Series: Counterpoints: Bible and Theology
- Publication Date: 2009-10-24
- Trim Size: 135.000mm x 203.000mm x 25.000mm
- Weight: 335.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / Exegesis & Hermeneutics
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Biblical Criticism & Interpretation / Old Testament
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Biblical Criticism & Interpretation / New Testament
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Systematic
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Eschatology
- Category 6 : RELIGION / Theology