Four Views on the Spectrum of Evangelicalism
On Sale: 2011-09-25
Four Views on the Spectrum of Evangelicalism compares and contrasts four distinct positions on the current fundamentalist-evangelical spectrum in light of the history of American fundamentalism and evangelicalism: Fundamentalism, Conservative/confessional evangelicalism, Generic evangelicalism, and Postconservative evangelicalism.
About the Book
Understand the history, core values, and divisions as they've developed within the Evangelical Christian movement.
Four Views on the Spectrum of Evangelicalismcompares and contrasts four distinct positions on the current fundamentalist-evangelical spectrum. Each contributor offers their case for one of four primary views:
- Fundamentalism – defended by Kevin T. Bauder
- Conservative/confessional evangelicalism – defended by R. Albert Mohler Jr.
- Generic evangelicalism – defended by John G. Stackhouse Jr.
- Postconservative evangelicalism – defended by Roger E. Olson
Each author explains and defends his position, which is critiqued by the other three authors.
The Counterpoints series presents a comparison and critique of scholarly views on topics important to Christians that are both fair-minded and respectful of the biblical text. Each volume is a one-stop reference that allows readers to evaluate the different positions on a specific issue and form their own, educated opinion.
- Imprint: Zondervan Academic
- On Sale: 2011-09-25
- Pages: 224
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Series: Counterpoints: Bible and Theology
- Publication Date: 2011-09-25
- Trim Size: 136.000mm x 203.000mm x 16.000mm
- Weight: 249.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / General
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Soteriology
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Evangelism
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christianity / Protestant
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Reference
- Category 6 : RELIGION / Christian Church / History