When Making Others Happy Is Making You Miserable
How to Break the Pattern of People-Pleasing and Confidently Live Your Life
On Sale: 2021-08-03
If you long to be free from the overwhelming and exhausting prison of people-pleasing, When Making Others Happy Is Making You Miserable is the book for you. Bestselling author and recovering people-pleaser Karen Ehman offers stories and practical tools to help you quit the pleasing game and reclaim your peace and purpose for good.
About the Book
Bestselling author and recovering people-pleaser Karen Ehman offers stories and helpful tools from her own life to equip you with practical and biblical advice on how to break free from the pleasing game and reclaim your peace and purpose.
Feeling overwhelmed, burnt-out, and pulled in too many directions by the needs of others? If you wish you had a little more freedom and margin in your daily schedule, this is the book for you.
Author and speaker Karen Ehman knows firsthand how people-pleasing locks us in a prison, trapping us in unhealthy habits which distract us from our true selves and our God-given purpose. With honesty and practical wisdom, Ehman explores why we fall into people-pleasing behaviors and offers advice for how we can break out into the freedom God has called us to. Because the truth is we cannot fulfill our divine purpose if we're too busy living everyone else's.
With vulnerable and humorous stories, biblical insight, and encouragement from someone who's been there, Ehman will help you:
- Discover how to live out your priorities despite the opinions and expectations of others
- Cultivate a strategy for knowing when to say yes and how to say no
- Implement boundaries with the pushers, pouters, guilt-bombers and others who try to call the shots in your life
- Learn to navigate the tension between following God and loving the people around you
When Making Others Happy Is Making You Miserable is the key you need to quit the pleasing game, reclaim your life, and walk with God in peace and confidence.
- ISBN: 9780310347583
- ISBN 10: 0310347580
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2021-08-03
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $18.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2021-08-03
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Women's Issues
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 3 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Happiness
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Self-Esteem