Breaking Free from Body Shame
Dare to Reclaim What God Has Named Good
On Sale: 2021-06-22
For women who love God but have a love/hate relationship with their bodies, join Jess Connolly to discover a bold new way to rest in God's workmanship and heal the broken beliefs that have held you back from your fullest life.
About the Book
You were made for more than a love/hate relationship with your body.
It's one thing to know in your head that you were created in the image of God. Yet it's quite another to experience this belief in your body, against the cultural ideals of a woman's worth. And between the two lies a world of frustration, disappointment, and the shame of somehow feeling both too much and never enough in your body.
Jess Connolly is a bestselling author, sought-after speaker, and trusted Bible teacher who knows this inner conflict all too well, and this book details her journey--and yours--of setting out to discover how to break free from the broken beliefs we all hold about our bodies that hold us back from our fullest life.
The truest thing about you is that you are made and loved by God. And the truest thing about Him is that He cannot make bad things. This book will help you believe it with your whole self, as Jess guides you through an eye-opening, empowering process of:
- Renaming what the world has labeled as less-than
- Resting in God's workmanship
- Experiencing restoration where there has been injury
- And becoming a change agent in partnering with God to bring revival to a generation of women
Far from a superficial issue, self-image is a spiritual issue, because God has named your body good from the beginning. Whether your struggle is with eating and exercise habits, stress or trauma, infertility or injury, this book makes space for you to experience God meeting you in this tender place, and ring His freedom bell over your body in a whole new way.
- ISBN: 9780310352464
- ISBN 10: 0310352460
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2021-06-22
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $18.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2021-06-22
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Women's Issues
- Category 2 : HEALTH & FITNESS / Women's Health
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth