The Enneagram of Belonging
A Compassionate Journey of Self-Acceptance
On Sale: 2020-05-19
While most contemporary Enneagram books stop at the descriptions of the nine types, Enneagram teacher and bestselling author Chris Heuertz uncovers the missing link in our journey of living into our true self: radical self-compassion that can bring us back to belonging. The Enneagram of Belonging is your guide to this essential journey.
About the Book
For the Enneagram enthusiast looking to deepen their transformation, The Enneagram of Belonging offers an enlightening, enriching path forward.
Many have discovered the Enneagram to be a powerful tool for self-understanding, yet knowing ourselves doesn't necessarily mean we accept ourselves. Most of us tend to curate the personality of our type: leading with the traits we perceive as positive, and sidelining the traits that cause us shame.
But what if it all belonged? Rather than furthering our own fragmentation, what if we dared to make peace with the whole of who we are with bold compassion? The Enneagram of Belonging is your guide to this essential journey.
While most contemporary Enneagram books stop at the descriptions of the nine types, Enneagram teacher and The Sacred Enneagram bestselling author Chris Heuertz uncovers the missing link in our journey of living into our true self: radical self-compassion that can bring us back to belonging.
Rather than get stuck on stereotypes or curated personality, Heuertz proposes we develop an honest relationship with our type, confronting our "inner dragons," practicing self-compassion, and thereby coming to fully belong to ourselves--and, ultimately, to love itself.
In this in-depth examination of the Enneagram of Personality, you will discover:
- A fresh, compassionate way of understanding your childhood wound, which Heuertz reframes as your Kidlife Crisis
- Your unique subtype and how this colors your dominant type, plus how to work with your Enneagram instinct
- Practical insight to help you find freedom from your type's Passions and Fixations
- Your personalized path back to belonging, as you come home to your true self
- . . . and much more.
As a masterful mapmaker and trailblazer of grace, Heuertz casts a vision for how we can create a better world. The truth is how we treat ourselves is how we treat others, so let's start with compassion, and let this outflow into our relationships, communities, and world.
- ISBN: 9780310357780
- ISBN 10: 0310357780
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2020-05-19
- Pages: 288
- List Price: $19.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2020-05-19
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 216.000mm x 19.000mm
- Weight: 267.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Rituals & Practice / General
- Category 2 : PSYCHOLOGY / Personality
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Prayer
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth