I Am Restored
How I Lost My Religion but Found My Faith
On Sale: 2020-10-13
I Am Restored is the heartbreaking yet liberating journey that led award-winning hip-hop artist and bestselling author Lecrae to face the unhealed wounds of his past. With a hard look at common sources that cause us pain, Lecrae offers the practices he's found for healing the pain we all carry, and stepping into the freedom God calls us to.
About the Book
When the challenges you've faced threaten to destroy your life, how do you find your way back to the truths you thought you believed?
I Am Restored tells the untold story of how Lecrae's past nearly ruined his future--until he learned that the wounds we carry can have the potential to be unlikely guides to healing and freedom for ourselves and others.
Throughout I Am Restored, Lecrae documents the shattering yet hopeful story of how he faced the scars of his past--sexual abuse, physical trauma, addiction, and depression--and emerged more fully human than ever before. With remarkable transparency and vulnerability, Lecrae reveals that at the height of his professional success, his life was spinning out of control, driven by a past that he had never confronted and a religious perspective that was incapable of meeting the challenge.
I Am Restored takes an unflinching look at the personal and public spaces that are too often at the societal core of our pain and heartache--culture, politics, family, church, and more--and teaches us that forgiveness can be the birthplace of the life that God has created for us.
Throughout this powerful, deeply personal account, Lecrae shares the life lessons he's learned about:
- Confronting the pain and trauma that has shaped your story
- Breaking the cycle of sin and shame and embracing joy and authenticity
- Finding hope and healing in the midst of chaos
- The simple practices that can change your mental, emotional, and spiritual health
- Leading a life that's bursting with creativity and true freedom
I Am Restored is a hopeful, inspiring charge to start your journey to lasting healing today. No matter what your past has held, God is near you, he hears you, and he's not done writing your story.
'Grammy Award--winning hip-hop artist Lecrae delves into his struggles, shame, and destructive habits in this powerful follow-up to his 2016 memoir Unashamed.... Lecrae's fans will love this.'
'This personal story of faith lost and found is especially recommended to Christians who are struggling to comprehend God's complex ways.'
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2020-10-13
- Pages: 192
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2020-10-13
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 3 : MUSIC / Genres & Styles / Rap & Hip Hop
- Category 4 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Composers & Musicians
- Category 5 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Happiness