Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
On Sale: 2021-05-11
Growing Slow is a timely, inspiring, and insightful read in which author and farm wife Jennifer Dukes Lee shows the way to unhurrying our hearts, embracing the relaxed rhythms of nature, and discovering the meaningful gift of slow growth.
About the Book
Enter a simpler way of living by unhurrying your heart, embracing the relaxed rhythms of nature, and discovering the meaningful gift of growing slow.
We long to make a break from the fast pace of life, but if we're honest, we're afraid of what we'll miss if we do. Yet when going big and hustling hard leaves us stressed, empty, and out of sorts, perhaps this can be our cue to step into a far more satisfying, sustainable pace. In this crafted, inspiring read, beloved author Jennifer Dukes Lee offers a path to unhurried living by returning to the rhythm of the land and learning the ancient art of Growing Slow.
Jennifer was once at breaking point herself, and tells her story of rude awakening to the ways her chosen lifestyle of running hard, scaling fast, and the neverending chase for results was taking a toll on her body, heart, and soul. But when she finally gave herself permission to believe it takes time to grow good things, she found a new kind of freedom. With eloquent truths and vivid storytelling, Jennifer reflects on the lessons she learned from living on her fifth-generation family farm and the insights she gathered from the purposeful yet never rushed life of Christ. Growing Slow charts a path out of the pressures of bigger, harder, faster, and into a more rooted way of living where the growth of good things is deep and lasting.
Following the rhythms of the natural growing season, Growing Slow will help you:
- Find the true relief that comes when you stop running and start resting in Jesus
- Learn practices for unhurrying your heart and mind every day
- Let go of the pressure and embrace the small, good things already bearing fruit in your life
- And engage slow growth through reflection prompts and simple application steps
Reflection prompts are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2021-05-11
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2021-05-11
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Devotional
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Inspirational
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Women's Issues