A Grace Disguised Revised and Expanded
How the Soul Grows through Loss
On Sale: 2021-11-16
A revised edition of this classic bestseller which shares with deep compassion what it is to go through sorrow, whether due to illness, divorce, or the loss of someone we love. In coming to the end of ourselves, we can come to the beginning of a new life.
About the Book
With vulnerability and honesty, Jerry Sittser walks through his own grief and loss to show that new life is possible--one marked by spiritual depth, joy, compassion, and a deeper appreciation of simple and ordinary gifts. This 25th anniversary edition features a new introduction and two additional chapters, one which provides help for pastors and counselors.
Loss came suddenly for Jerry Sittser. In an instant, a tragic car accident claimed three generations of his family: his mother, his wife, and his young daughter. While most of us will not experience such a catastrophic loss in our lifetime, all of us will face some kind of loss in life. But we can, if we choose, know the grace that transforms us.
Whether your suffering has come in the form of chronic illness, disability, divorce, unemployment, crushing disappointment, or the loss of someone you love, Sittser will help you put your thoughts into words in a way that will guide you deeper into your own healing process.
This revised edition of A Grace Disguised plumbs the depths of our sorrows, asks questions many people are afraid to ask, and provides hope in its answers:
- Will the pain ever subside?
- Will my life ever be good again?
- Will the depression ever lift?
- Will I ever overcome the bitterness I feel?
- What is God's plan in all of this?
The circumstances are not important; what we do with those circumstances is. In coming to the end of ourselves, we can come to the beginning of a new life.
- ISBN: 9780310363590
- ISBN 10: 0310363594
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2021-11-16
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $25.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2021-11-16
- Trim Size: 147.000mm x 221.000mm x 23.000mm
- Weight: 339.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Category 2 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Death, Grief, Bereavement