Attached to God
A Practical Guide to Deeper Spiritual Experience
On Sale: 2022-02-22
If you've ever heard the damaging message that feeling far from God is your own choice or the result of sin in your life, therapist Krispin Mayfield's Attached to God will reveal a new way of approaching your relationship with the Divine that will help you feel closer and more connected to God than ever before.
About the Book
Why does God feel so far away? The reason--and the solution--is in your attachment style.
We all experience moments when God's love and presence are tangible. But we also experience feeling utterly abandoned by God. Why?
The answer is found when you take a deep look at the other important relationships in your life and understand your attachment style. Through his years working in trauma recovery programs, extensive research into attachment science, and personal experiences with spiritual striving and abuse, licensed therapist Krispin Mayfield has learned to answer the question: Why do I feel so far from God?
When you understand your attachment style you gain a whole new paradigm for a secure and loving relationship with God. You'll gain insights about:
- How you relate to others--both your strengths and weaknesses
- The practical exercises you can use to grow a secure spiritual attachment to God
- How to move forward on the spirituality spectrum and experience the Divine connection we all were created for
You'll learn to identify and remove mixed messages about closeness with God that you may have heard in church or from well-meaning Christians. With freedom from the past, you can then chart a new path toward intimate connection with the God of the universe.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2022-02-22
- Pages: 256
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2022-02-22
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 17.000mm
- Weight: 203.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 2 : PSYCHOLOGY / Mental Health
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Counseling
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / General