Getting It Right
On Sale: 2023-01-17
From North Point Ministries founders and married couple Andy and Sandra Stanley comes Parenting: Getting It Right, a faith-based parenting guide for our times, one that honestly explores the challenges and distinct stages of raising children, while equipping and inspiring parents to lead their families with confidence and grace.
About the Book
Am I getting parenting right? Most parents, at any and every stage, find themselves asking this question.
Whether you're sleep deprived with a colicky newborn or navigating the emotional roller coaster of a teenager, parenting has its ups and downs, its confusion and clarity, its big blowups and small victories. And no matter our family makeup or our children's personalities, many of us experience anxiety over our children's futures and often fear making a mistake.
Andy and Sandra Stanley are no strangers to this feeling. As parents of three grown children and cofounders of North Point Ministries, they are seasoned experts on faith and parenting. Together they have spent decades counseling countless families, mentoring others, and learning from mentors of their own, all while leading one of the largest churches in the country.
In Parenting: Getting It Right, Andy and Sandra combine their experience and wisdom into a guide that helps readers understand and live by essential parenting principles. In an inviting, conversational approach that is both informative and accessible, the Stanleys help readers understand the most important goal in parenting and learn the steps to pursue it by:
- Learning the four distinct stages of parenting
- Clarifying the primary goal of parenting and developing a parenting orientation around that goal
- Identifying and adapting their approach--not their rules--to their children's distinct personalities
- Deciding on their shortlist of non-negotiables and learning to stick to it
You don't have to constantly doubt if you're getting it right as a parent. Start here and feel confident about raising a healthy and happy family.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2023-01-17
- Pages: 240
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2023-01-17
- Trim Size: 146.000mm x 222.000mm x 22.000mm
- Weight: 330.000gr
- Category 1 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / General
- Category 2 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Adoption & Fostering
- Category 3 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Parenting / Parent & Adult Child
- Category 4 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Parenting / General
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Family