Step Away from the Lies of Diet Culture and into Your Divine Design
On Sale: 2023-08-01
Dietitian and nutrition therapist Leslie Schilling wants to help you free yourself from a diet-obsessed culture and live out your purpose, which isn't counting calories, reaching goal weights, or hating your body. Feed Yourself teaches you to see diet culture for its lies so you can reclaim trust in your divine design and care for your unique body.
About the Book
Break the chains of diet culture once and for all.
Diet culture permeates American society--even in our safest of places. It lurks in schools, playground conversations, medical offices, and even in our places of worship. We're often sold well-meaning messages wrapped in Bible verses that are actually rooted in the diet culture born of this world. It's only when you begin to see diet culture's lies that you can fight back, build resilience, and trust your divine design.
Christian dietitian and nutrition therapist Leslie Schilling counsels hundreds of people every year who are struggling with food, body concerns, chronic dieting, and disordered eating. She helps them understand diet-culture myths, fight the lies we've been told (and sold), and discover the truth about health, well-being, and how God sees us.
In Feed Yourself, you'll learn how to:
- Pinpoint the lies of diet culture all around you, even in our places of worship
- Understand that health is far more than what we eat or how we move
- Step away from the shame and guilt you may feel about your body
- Trust your body and recognize the cues your body gives you
- Identify what your body really needs
- Find freedom in food and learn to define health for yourself
It's time to accept that you are fearfully and wonderfully made--a truth unrelated to your body size or what's on your plate. Cheers to freedom!
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2023-08-01
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2023-08-01
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : SELF-HELP / Eating Disorders & Body Image
- Category 2 : HEALTH & FITNESS / Diet & Nutrition / Nutrition
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Inspirational
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Self-Esteem