The Hardest Sermons You'll Ever Have to Preach
Help from Trusted Preachers for Tragic Times
On Sale: 2022-05-17
This indispensable resource provides 25 sermons for busy pastors faced with the toughest topics they will ever be called upon to preach: murder, suicide, abuse, AIDS, war, national crisis, accidental death, abortion, miscarriage, death of a child, and more.
About the Book
When life tragedies happen to members of your church community, learn how to be ready to offer help by communicating the life-changing message of the gospel in a way that gives hope, truth, and encouragement during difficult circumstances.
Those asked to preach amid tragedy know the anxiety of trying to say appropriate things from God’s word that will comfort and strengthen God’s people when emotions and faith are stretched thin. This indispensable resource helps pastors prepare sermons in the face of tragedies by providing suggestions for how to approach different kinds of tragedy, as well as insight into how to handle the theological challenges of human suffering.
In The Hardest Sermons You’ll Ever Have to Preach, you will discover:
- A specific description of the context of the tragedy,
- the key concerns that need to be addressed in the message,
- and an outline of the approach taken in the sample sermon that follows.
Topics addressed include: abortion; abuse; responding to national and community tragedies; the death of a child; death due to cancer and prolonged sickness; death due to drunk driving; drug abuse; suicide, and more.
Bryan Chapell, author of Christ-Centered Preaching, has gathered together messages from some of today’s most trusted Christian leaders. Each chapter provides you with the resources you need to communicate the life-giving hope of the gospel during tragedy.
Appendixes that provide further suggestions of biblical texts for addressing various subject as well as guidance for conducting funerals are included in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2022-05-17
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2022-05-17
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Sermons / Christian
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / General
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Sermons / General
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Pastoral Resources
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Preaching