The Secret to Lasting Change and Innovation
On Sale: 2016-08-16
In Sticky Leader, Larry Osborne, an innovative leader in pastoral ministry, reveals the hidden secret behind serial innovation and shows leaders how to navigate the landmines of leading through change in ways that will provide new levels of stability and creativity to any organization.
About the Book
Sticky Leaders begins with the topic that most books about innovation avoid altogether: failure.
Most books on leadership make it sound as if successful innovation is the end result of a carefully followed formula. But you can't have innovation without change. The simple fact is that when it comes to any new venture, failure is the surest result of the inevitable change process.
Respected pastor and author, Larry Osborne, explains how understanding this dirty little secret behind innovation can bring both stability and creativity to organizations, especially those with teams of people that focus on innovation, creativity, new ideas, and problem-solving.
In Sticky Leaders, you'll learn:
- How to encourage innovation's most powerful igniters and accelerators
- How to avoid the most common killers of innovation
- How to recognize and break through ceilings of complexity and competency
- The six pitfalls of growth and what you can do to avoid them
- The three questions every leader needs to ask before launching any new endeavor
- The counterintuitive practices that successful change agents and serial innovators use to greatly increase their odds of success.
Using the wisdom and principles found in this book, you will be prepared to lead dynamically without causing uncertainty or insecurity in your organization or ministry.
'Larry is a contrarian. When everyone else nods their heads yes, he's often shaking his no. But there is no contemporary Christian leader who writes with more ingenuity, creativity, and insight about leadership. In many ways, he's a modern-day Solomon.'
'Very helpful ideas and experiences designed to assist successful entrepreneurs and innovators in both the for-profit and social enterprises.'
'...honest and practical steps for planning, evaluating, and increasing innovation. Larry's insights will increase any leader's impact on their organization.'
'Larry Osborne is an innovative leader who consistently sees the world from a different angle than the rest of us. If you're an innovator or think you want to be, read this book.'
'I wish I had this book thirty years ago. It's full of wisdom. Practical. Relevant. It's a home run. I'm adding it to our leadership's required reading list.'
'Osborne is a serial innovator. His ideas, concepts, and strategy are worth emulating by anyone who wants to successfully innovate, no matter what the field of endeavor.'
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2016-08-16
- Pages: 176
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Series: Leadership Network Innovation Series
- Publication Date: 2016-08-16
- Trim Size: 134.000mm x 203.000mm x 13.000mm
- Weight: 154.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Church / Leadership
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Professional Growth
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / General
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership