Apologetics at the Cross
An Introduction for Christian Witness
On Sale: 2018-05-15
Balanced in approach and focused not on arguments but on cultural contexts, the attitude of the apologist, and sound answers to difficult questions, Joshua D. Chatraw and Mark D. Allen's Apologetics at the Cross provides a thorough and accessible introduction to the renewed Christian discipline of apologetics.
About the Book
2019 Outreach Magazine Resource of the Year: Apologetics • 2018 The Gospel Coalition Book Award: Evangelism & Apologetics
Apologetics at the Cross describes a much-needed approach to defending Christianity that uses Jesus as a model and the letter of 1 Peter as a guiding text.
This is a guidebook for how to defend Christianity with Christ-like gentleness and respect toward those who persecute the faith, making you a stronger witness to the good news of the gospel than many other apologetics books that focus on crafting unbreachable arguments.
Joshua D. Chatraw and Mark D. Allen first provide an introduction to the rich field of apologetics and Christian witness, acquainting students and lay learners with the rich history, biblical foundation, and ongoing relevance of apologetics. Unique in its approach, Apologetics at the Cross:
- Presents the biblical and historical foundations for apologetics.
- Explores various contemporary methods for approaching apologetics.
- Gives practical guidance in "how to" chapters that feature many real-life illustrations.
But their approach pays special attention to the attitude and posture of the apologist, outlining instructions for the Christian community centered on reasoned answers, a humble spirit, and joy; rather than anger, arrogance, and aggression. Chatraw and Allen equip Christians to engage skeptics with the heart as well as the mind.
Conversational in tone and balanced in approach, Apologetics at the Cross provides a readable introduction to the field of apologetics. You'll be informed and equipped for engaging a wide range of contemporary challenges with the best in Christian thought.
- Imprint: Zondervan Academic
- On Sale: 2018-05-15
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Publication Date: 2018-05-15
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Apologetics
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Evangelism
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Pastoral Resources
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Faith
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / General