Apologetics at the Cross: Audio Lectures
An Introduction to Christian Witness
On Sale: 2018-05-15
Balanced in approach and focused not on arguments but on cultural contexts, the attitude of the apologist, and sound answer to difficult questions, Joshua D. Chatraw and Mark D. Allen's Apologetics at the Cross: Audio Lectures provides a thorough and accessible introduction to the renewed Christian discipline of apologetics.
About the Book
The Zondervan Biblical and Theological Lectures series provides a unique audio learning experience. Unlike a traditional audiobook's direct narration of a book's text, Apologetics at the Cross: Audio Lectures includes high-quality live recordings of college-level lectures that cover the important points from each subject as well as relevant material from other sources.
Amid the pluralism and secularism of Western culture, Christian apologetics has experienced a renewal of interest. In Apologetics at the Cross: Audio Lectures, Liberty professors Joshua D. Chatraw and Mark D. Allen provide an undergraduate-level introduction to the field, acquainting formal students and lay learners with the rich history and ongoing relevance of apologetics.
Apologetics at the Cross: Audio Lectures is unique in its approach, which is:
- Practical, including "how to" discussions and real-life illustrations
- Balanced, bringing together the best of evidential and presuppositional apologetics
- Biblical, grounding apologetics strongly in biblical studies
- Lovingly dialogical, enabling Christian to engage skeptics with the heart as well as the mind
- Historical, attuned to how objections to the faith have been dealt with in the past
- Up-to-date, explaining the approaches of leading philosophers and apologists
- Transferrable, available for various contexts including church, parachurch, and personal apologetics
Conversational and accessible, Apologetics at the Cross: Audio Lectures provides a classroom-level introduction to the field of apologetics. Listeners will be informed and equipped for engaging disbelief with the best in Christian thought.
- Imprint: Zondervan Academic
- On Sale: 2018-05-15
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Series: Zondervan Biblical and Theological Lectures
- Publication Date: 2018-05-15
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Apologetics
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Evangelism
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Pastoral Resources
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / General