Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary Set
On Sale: 2019-06-11
This commentary set helps readers understand the historical and cultural background of the books of the New Testament. Brimming with lavish, full color photos and graphics, each book will walk you verse by verse through the books of the New Testament.
About the Book
An image rich, passage-by-passage, five-volume commentary box set of the entire New Testament.
The Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary integrates relevant historical and cultural insights, providing a deeper dimension of perspective to the words of Scripture.
Discoveries await you that will snap the world of the New Testament into new focus. Things that seem mystifying, puzzling, or obscure will take on tremendous meaning when you view them in their ancient context. With the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, you'll:
- Deepen your understanding of the teachings of Jesus.
- Discover the close interplay between God's kingdom and the practical affairs of the church.
- Learn more about the real life setting of the Old Testament writings to help you identify with the people and circumstances described in Scripture.
- Gain a deeper awareness of the Bible's relevance for your life.
Detailed exegetical notes are combined with background information of the cultural settings that will help you interpret the Old Testament. This set brings all five volumes together into one beautiful package:
- Volume 1: Matthew, Mark, Luke
- Volume 2A: John
- Volume 2B: Acts
- Volume 3: Romans to Philemon
- Volume 4: Hebrews to Revelation
THE ZONDERVAN ILLUSTRATED BIBLE BACKGROUNDS COMMENTARY SERIES
Invites you to enter the world of the New Testament with a company of seasoned guides, experts who will help you understand and teach the biblical text more accurately. Features:
- Commentary based on relevant papyri, inscriptions, archaeological discoveries, and studies of Judaism, Roman culture, Hellenism, and other features of the world of the New Testament.
- Hundreds of full-color photographs, color illustrations, and line drawings.
- Copious maps, charts, and timelines.
- Sidebar articles and insights.
- "Reflections" on the Bible's relevance for 21st-century living.
- Imprint: Zondervan Academic
- On Sale: 2019-06-11
- Pages: 2080
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Series: Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary
- Publication Date: 2019-06-11
- Trim Size: 216.000mm x 260.000mm x 184.000mm
- Weight: 6.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Biblical Commentary / General
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Biblical Commentary / New Testament
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / General
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Biblical Criticism & Interpretation / General
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Biblical Criticism & Interpretation / New Testament
- Category 6 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / New Testament
- Category 7 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / Jesus, the Gospels & Acts
- Category 8 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / Paul's Letters
- Category 9 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Preaching