Counsel for Couples
A Biblical and Practical Guide for Marriage Counseling
On Sale: 2022-02-22
Counsel for Couples is an indispensable guide for pastors or lay counselors who lack formal marriage and family counseling training and feel ill-equipped and under-prepared to handle the messy world of navigating marital troubles with others. It offers specific guidance on ten of the most common topics that come up in marriage counseling.
About the Book
Many pastors feel ill-equipped to handle the challenges that arise when a couple is going through marital difficulties.
If you are or have been in this situation before, this book shows church leaders how to counsel married couples from both a logical and biblical perspective.
Author and pastor Jonathan Holmes offers you a practical guide to get started with the first sessions and then offers specific guidance on nine of the most common topics that come up in marriage counseling.
In Counsel for Couples, Holmes provides you with:
- a biblical methodology that navigates you through the world of marriage counseling based on God’s word
- a theological counseling approach addressing the deepest of marital issues
- advice from several respected voices in the biblical counseling community
In each chapter, you'll meet a new couple dealing with a different issue, much like the people in your church, office, and neighborhood.
Whether you're a novice or already knowledgeable, Counsel for Couples provides theologically sound and biblically practical tools to help you as you help couples in need.
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2022-02-22
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2022-02-22
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Counseling & Recovery
- Category 2 : PSYCHOLOGY / Psychotherapy / Couples & Family
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Family
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Love & Marriage