He Is Risen
Rocks Tell the Story of Easter
On Sale: 2019-02-05
He Is Risen, Rocks Tell the Story of Easter, created by Patti Rokus, is an unforgettable picture book that uses rock illustrations, Scripture, and simple yet powerful text to present the miracle of Easter.
About the Book
This unique and unforgettable picture book uses rock art and simple text to tell children the story of the miracle of Easter—the resurrection of Jesus. Through the arrangement of a few rocks and powerful words directly from Scripture, the entire Easter story is told in He Is Risen: Rocks Tell the Story of Easter.
Young readers will be intrigued by the nature-filled artwork that shows the death and resurrection of Jesus and the celebration of the very first Easter in a powerful and unique way. He Is Risen is perfect for:
- Children ages 4-8
- Sharing the true story of Easter in a new and memorable way
- Easter gifts, including basket stuffers
- Inspiring creative art projects using natural items such as rocks, sticks, and leaves
This unique holiday picture book:
- sparkles and shines with foil, embossing, and spot gloss on the cover
- features beautiful photographs of the rock art
- uses the Gospel of Luke from the NKJV translation to tell the Easter story
If you enjoy He Is Risen, check out A Savior Is Born: Rocks Tell the Story of Christmas.
Following A Savior Is Born: Rocks Tell the Story of Christmas, Rokus offers a visual narrative of Jesus's crucifixion and resurrection through artful arrangements of stones, with scripture verses appearing throughout. The figure of Jesus is crafted with a round, stone head, and shapely rocks form his sweeping robe: 'Jesus came to earth to bring healing and joy to all who follow Him, and to lead us home to God.' Rokus represents 'people who wanted to kill Him' as sinister stone faces with angry, slanted eyebrows and open mouths. Other scenes depict Jesus riding a stone donkey, washing the disciples' feet, on the cross, and his resurrection: 'After three days, Jesus came back to life! We will all live again because He conquered death.' An inventive and moving telling of the Easter story. Ages 4--8.
- ISBN: 9780310764861
- ISBN 10: 0310764866
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2019-02-05
- Pages: 32
- List Price: $17.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2019-02-05
- Trim Size: 286.000mm x 238.000mm x 12.000mm
- Weight: 412.000gr
- Category 1 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Holidays & Celebrations / Easter & Lent
- Category 2 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Religious / Christian / Holidays & Celebrations
- Category 3 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Religious / Christian / Inspirational
- Category 4 : EDUCATION / Home Schooling