The Search for God and Guinness
A Biography of the Beer that Changed the World
On Sale: 2014-07-08
The history of Guinness, one of the world’s most famous brands, reveals the noble heights and generosity of a great family and an innovative business.
About the Book
The history of Guinness, one of the world's most famous brands, reveals the noble heights and generosity of a great family and an innovative business.
The history began in Ireland during the late 1700s when the water in Ireland as well as throughout Europe was famously undrinkable, and the gin and whiskey that took its place was devastating civil society.
It was a disease ridden, starvation plagued, alcoholic age, and Christians like Arthur Guinness, as well as monks and evangelical churches, brewed beer that provided a healthier alternative to the poisonous waters and liquors of the times. This is where the Guinness tale began.
Now, 246 years and 150 countries later, Guinness is a global brand and one of the most consumed beverages in the world. The tale that unfolds during those two and a half centuries has power to thrill audiences today including:
- the generational drama,
- business adventure,
- industrial and social reforms,
- deep-felt faith, and the beer itself.
The Search for God and Guinness is an amazing, true story of how the Guinness family used its wealth and influence to touch millions during a dark age.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2014-07-08
- Pages: 320
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2014-07-08
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 22.000mm
- Weight: 299.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Biblical Criticism & Interpretation / Old Testament
- Category 2 : COOKING / Beverages / Beer
- Category 3 : HISTORY / General
- Category 4 : HISTORY / Europe / Ireland
- Category 5 : HISTORY / Medieval
- Category 6 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / History & Culture
- Category 7 : RELIGION / Christianity / General
- Category 8 : SELF-HELP / Motivational & Inspirational