When Holidays Hurt
Finding Hidden Hope Amid Pain and Loss
On Sale: 2014-10-28
Find fullness of joy during the holidays---especially for the brokenhearted. Divorce. Financial stress. Chronic illness. Losing a loved one. Experiencing any of these situations during the year is already difficult. But the holiday season, once joyful and happy, can heighten this pain even more.
About the Book
What are you supposed to do when the holidays hurt? Divorce. Financial stress. Chronic illness. Losing a loved one. Experiencing any of these situations during the year is difficult. But the holiday season, once joyful and happy, can heighten this pain. When Holidays Hurt, written by Bo Stern, will help you find hidden hope amid your pain and loss--even when it feels impossible.
Bo spent two Christmases struggling to connect with the joy of the season. As she watched her husband, Steve, struggle with terminal ALS, Bo quietly felt her spirit for the season fade--and has noticed others suffering the same way.
Through stories and scriptures, Bo offers readers:
- A way to redeem what can often become painful days--Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries, milestones such as weddings and graduations, and more
- 35 thoughtful devotions divided into specific seasons of life that range from holidays to special occasions
- At the end of each devotional, tangible ways to find hidden hope and prayers to recite
When Holidays Hurt is an encouraging self-purchase or gift for loved ones who are hurting and enduring hard times and need to be reminded of hope, peace, and purpose. Bo’s authentic voice promotes readers to thrive during the holidays and equips them with coping tools to use throughout the year.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2014-10-28
- Pages: 160
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2014-10-28
- Trim Size: 133.000mm x 190.000mm x 16.000mm
- Weight: 244.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Death, Grief, Bereavement