This Is Awkward
How Life's Uncomfortable Moments Open the Door to Intimacy and Connection
On Sale: 2016-03-01
A supremely funny pastor to Millennials, with a massive social media following, tackles the thorniest of subjects---depression, sexuality, divorce, life online, and more---with a rare combination of uproarious, self-deprecating humor and profound, biblical truth.
About the Book
Don’t waste your awkwardness.
The most difficult subjects in our lives are also the ones that we find most uncomfortable to talk about: divorce, body image, sexuality, pornography, or depression. Our awkward silence reveals the gap that exists between what we are and what we know we should be. But God loves those awkward moments, Sammy Rhodes argues, because they are precisely where we find connection with God and one another.
In This Is Awkward, Rhodes talks directly, honestly, hilariously about the most painfully uncomfortable subjects in our lives. In chapters like “Parents Are a Gift (You Can’t Return Them)” and “The Porn in My Side,” he boldly goes where most of us fear to tread, revealing that we can be liberated by the embrace of a God who knows the most shameful things about us and loves us all the same. Because nothing is too awkward for God.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2016-03-01
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2016-03-01
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 2 : HUMOR / Topic / Religion
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / General
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 5 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / General