A Little Dog with a Very Big Heart
On Sale: 2017-06-13
A man, a dog, and the lengths to which love will go to sacrifice for its companion.
About the Book
The New York Times bestselling true story of an Australian ultramarathon runner and a little dog who formed an unbreakable bond in the middle of the Gobi desert.
Finding Gobi is the miraculous tale of Dion Leonard, a seasoned ultramarathon runner who crosses paths with a stray dog while competing in a 155-mile race through the Gobi Desert in China. The lovable pup, who would later earn the name Gobi, went step for step with Dion over the Tian Shan Mountains and across massive sand dunes, keeping pace with him for 77 miles.
As Dion witnessed the incredible determination and heart of this small animal, he found his own heart undergoing a change as well. Whereas in the past these races were all about winning and being the best, his goal now was to make sure he and Gobi’s friendship continued well after the finish line, and he undertook another difficult journey to bring Gobi home to Scotland.
However, before he could take her home, Gobi went missing in the sprawling Chinese city where she was being kept. Dion, with the help of strangers and a viral outpouring of assistance on the internet, set out to track her down, and reunite with the dog that changed his life. Finding Gobi:
- Proves that miracles are possible—anywhere and at any time
- Gives vivid details of an ultra-marathon and what it’s like to run one of the toughest races on the planet
- Connects to that special bond that humankind has with dogs and what it can open up in our hearts
Read this inspiring story and discover how miracles truly are possible—and find your own heart changing as well.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2017-06-13
- Pages: 272
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2017-06-13
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 19.000mm
- Weight: 267.000gr
- Category 1 : PETS / Essays & Narratives
- Category 2 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / General
- Category 3 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Sports
- Category 4 : SPORTS & RECREATION / Running & Jogging
- Category 5 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Personal Memoirs