I Declare War
Four Keys to Winning the Battle with Yourself
On Sale: 2018-10-30
Pastor Levi Lusko reveals his personal struggles with anxiety, negative thoughts, and self-doubt, and offers scripture to help readers as they fight their own battles within.
About the Book
Get out of your own way.
Whether you recognize it or not, you're at war with yourself. There's anxiety. Selfishness. Self-sabotaging tendencies. Narcissism. The black dog of depression. The inability to do the great things you long to do because you spend so many hours mindlessly drifting through the internet.
It is war, but all is not lost. You can win—if you choose to engage.
In I Declare War, Levi Lusko candidly shares about his struggles with moodiness, bullying, suicidal thoughts, night terrors, and difficulty managing himself. He identifies four weapons you have at your disposal—thoughts, words, behaviors, and power—and illustrates how to use them to achieve ongoing victory. These practical tools from God’s Word will help you learn to
- retaliate against your anxiety by filling your heart with truth and making it inhospitable to terror
- stop being victimized by your bad behaviors and become the victor you were born to be
- overcome self-imposed isolation by learning to think right so you can live right
- spare your family unnecessary heartache by confronting your dysfunction so they don’t have to
It’s time to stop being your own worst enemy. Declare war and become the person, the spouse, the parent, and the leader God intended you to be.
Praise for I Declare War
“We are all created in the image of God. We don’t have be chained by our feelings. We don’t have to do the things we don’t want to do. We don’t have to be defined by our failures, mistakes, or sin. This is powerful! Yet how often do we not live based on this truth? One of the reasons I admire and respect Levi is his transparency and search for truth. He doesn’t shy away from the hard or ugly stuff. Through his own story, he strives to help others get out of their own way and into the truth of who they are in God. This book will help you do just that!”
—Tim Tebow, Heisman Trophy winner; New York Times bestselling author
“Levi personally understands that the hardest battle is the one we’re fighting against ourselves. That’s why I’m so thankful he’s poured out the biblical wisdom he’s gained along the way into the pages of this book. The practical tools, scriptural teaching, and trusted guidance found in I Declare War are invaluable to anyone who wants to embrace victory in their own life!”
—Lysa TerKeurst, New York Times bestselling author; president of Proverbs 31 Ministries
- ISBN: 9780785220862
- ISBN 10: 0785220860
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2018-10-30
- Pages: 288
- List Price: $18.99
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2018-10-30
- Trim Size: 138.000mm x 213.000mm x 19.000mm
- Weight: 267.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / General
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Counseling & Recovery
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 5 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Self-Esteem
- Category 6 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / General