The Water Keeper
On Sale: 2020-05-05
From New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Charles Martin comes a riveting new story of heroism, heartache, and the power of love to heal all wounds.
About the Book
A riveting story of heroism, heartache, and the power of love to heal all wounds by New York Times bestselling author Charles Martin.
Murphy Shepherd is a man with many secrets. He lives alone on an island, tending the grounds of a church with no parishioners, and he’s dedicated his life to rescuing those in peril. But as he mourns the loss of his mentor and friend, Murph himself may be more lost than he realizes.
When he pulls a beautiful woman named Summer out of Florida’s Intracoastal Waterway, Murph’s mission to lay his mentor to rest at the end of the world takes a dangerous turn. Drawn to Summer, and desperate to find her missing daughter, Murph is pulled deeper and deeper into the dark and dangerous world of modern-day slavery.
With help from some unexpected new friends, including a faithful Labrador he plucks from the ocean and an ex-convict named Clay, Murph must race against the clock to locate the girl before he is consumed by the secrets of his past—and the ghosts who tried to bury them.
With Charles Martin’s trademark lyricism and poignant prose, The Water Keeper is at once a tender love story and a heartrending search for freedom.
“Charles Martin fans rejoice, because he’s done it again . . . a multilayered story woven together with grace and redemption, and packed tight with tension and achingly real characters.” —Lauren Denton, USA TODAY bestselling author of The Hideaway
- Part of The Murphy Shepherd series:
- Book 1: The Water Keeper
- Book 2: The Letter Keeper
- Book 3: The Record Keeper Coming July 2022!)
- Full-length novel
- Includes discussion questions for book clubs
- Also by Charles Martin: The Mountain Between Us, Send Down the Rain, Long Way Gone, When Crickets Cry, Chasing Fireflies
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2020-05-05
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Series: A Murphy Shepherd Novel
- Publication Date: 2020-05-05
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : FICTION / Mystery & Detective / Private Investigators
- Category 2 : FICTION / Action & Adventure
- Category 3 : FICTION / Romance / Suspense
- Category 4 : FICTION / Christian / General