Behind the Scenes of Becoming Mrs. Lewis
The Improbable Love Story of Joy Davidman and C. S. Lewis
On Sale: 2020-01-07
The love story of C. S. Lewis and his only wife, Helen Joy Davidman Gresham, was improbable---and seemingly impossible. Their Eros-story led to some of Lewis’s greatest works on love, grief, and faith, yet Joy is most commonly known for how she died. Becoming Mrs. Lewis allows us to see how this brilliant and passionate woman lived.
About the Book
Perfect for fans of the bestselling Becoming Mrs. Lewis as well as anyone interested in the story behind the story of Joy Davidman and C. S. Lewis.
Includes additional podcast episodes, bonus chapters from Becoming Mrs. Lewis, and a special letter from author Patti Callahan to Joy Davidman.
This edition collects all the interviews from Patti Callahan’s Behind the Scenes of Becoming Mrs. Lewis podcast, as well as extensive bonus material not previously released.
- What About the Children Part I with Douglas Gresham (before cancer)
- What About the Children Part II with Douglas Gresham (after cancer)
- Losing Faith Did Lewis lose his faith after Joy’s Death? with Dr. David Downing
- Why Joy? Why did Lewis choose Joy Davidman? Dr. Crystal Hurd and Dr. Crystal Downing
- Muse and Co-Author – Joy as Lewis’s muse and co-author with Andrew Lazo
- The Lost Love Sonnets – Joy’s poetry to C.S. Lewis with Dr. Don W. King
- Surprised by Love – How love found C.S. Lewis with Andrew Lazo
- And over two hours of additional bonus content!
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2020-01-07
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2020-01-07
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : FICTION / Historical
- Category 2 : FICTION / Romance / Historical / 20th Century
- Category 3 : FICTION / Biographical
- Category 4 : FICTION / Christian / Historical
- Category 5 : FICTION / Contemporary Women