Women Who Wrote
Stories and Poems from Audacious Literary Mavens
On Sale: 2020-06-09
Celebrate women and stories with these heartwarming selections from some of literature’s most beloved writers in this gift-worthy collection.
About the Book
Meet the women who wrote.
They wrote against all odds. Some wrote defiantly; some wrote desperately. Some wrote while trapped within the confines of status and wealth. Some wrote hand-to-mouth in abject poverty. Some wrote trapped in a room of their father’s house, and some went in search of a room of their own. They had lovers and families. They were sometimes lonely. Many wrote anonymously or under a pseudonym for a world not yet ready for their genius and talent.
We know many of their names—Austen and Alcott, Brontë and Browning, Wheatley and Woolf—though some may be less familiar. They are here, waiting to introduce themselves.
They marched through the world one by one or in small sisterhoods, speaking to each other and to us over distances of place and time. Pushing back against the boundaries meant to keep us in our place, they carved enough space for themselves to write. They made space for us to follow. Here they are gathered together, an army of women who wrote and an arsenal of words to inspire us. They walk with us as we forge our own paths forward.
These women wrote to change the world.
- The perfect keepsake gift for the reader in your life
- Anthology of stories and poems
- Book length: approximately 90,000 words
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2020-06-09
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2020-06-09
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : FICTION / Contemporary Women
- Category 2 : FICTION / Anthologies (multiple authors)
- Category 3 : FICTION / Classics
- Category 4 : FICTION / Literary