Plagues, Pandemics, and the Coming Apocalypse
On Sale: 2020-05-19
The world has not seen such a pandemic in generations. And as the world fights COVID-19, is God trying to send a message? Pastor and Dallas Theological Seminary professor Mark Hitchcock shares how the current coronavirus outbreak is related to end-time prophecies.
About the Book
In Corona Crisis, professor Mark Hitchcock shares how the current coronavirus outbreak is related to the vivid, end-time biblical prophecies about plagues, pestilences, and pandemics.
- Jesus listed “pestilences in various places” as a sign of his coming (Luke 21:11).
- In the prophecy of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, the fourth rider kills one-fourth of the earth with pestilence and the “wild beasts of the earth.”
- Many believe that “wild beasts” refers to plagues that come from animals, as we’ve seen in recent decades with AIDS, SARS, MERS, the bird flu and swine flu, and now COVID-19.
Hitchcock believes the coronavirus is not the fulfillment of these events that will occur during the tribulation period but a foreshadowing of what lies ahead. Corona Crisis puts the current situation in perspective in relation to previous plagues, like the Spanish flu, while giving an overview of the major signs of the end times.
The book also discusses how the rise of globalism contributes to the spread of plagues. In our global environment, events can happen suddenly that send shock waves around the world.
- ISBN: 9780785240020
- ISBN 10: 0785240020
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2020-05-19
- Pages: 176
- List Price: $15.99
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2020-05-19
- Trim Size: 127.000mm x 202.000mm x 12.000mm
- Weight: 140.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Eschatology
- Category 2 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / General
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / Prophecy
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / History & Culture
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Social Issues