Wrapped in Rain
On Sale: 2020-05-19
'Tucker, I want to tell you a secret,' Miss Ella curled my hand into a fist and showed it to me.
About the Book
Two half-brothers try to survive the fallout of their traumatic childhood and their abusive, alcoholic father in this tender and beautiful story about the power of forgiveness.
On a sprawling Southern estate, Tucker and his younger brother, Mutt, were raised by their housekeeper, Miss Ella Rain, who loved the motherless boys like her own. Hiring her to take care of Waverly Hall and the boys was the only good thing their abusive and alcoholic father ever did.
When his brother escapes from a mental hospital and an old girlfriend appears with her son and a black eye, Tucker is forced to return home and face the agony of his tragic past.
Though Miss Ella has been gone for many years, Tucker can still hear her voice—and her prayers. "Life is a battle, but you can’t fight it with your fists. You got to fight it with your heart." But finding peace and starting anew will take a measure of grace that Tucker scarcely believes in.
Wrapped in Rain follows Tucker’s journey from brokenness to healing through the everlasting power of love.
- Standalone contemporary Christian fiction (approx. 85,000 words)
- Also by Charles Martin: The Record Keeper, The Mountain Between Us, When Crickets Cry, and Chasing Fireflies
- Includes a fifteenth anniversary note from the author and a bonus excerpt from Martin’s novel The Water Keeper
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2020-05-19
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2020-05-19
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.