Then Sings My Soul
150 of the World's Greatest Hymn Stories
On Sale: 2020-09-15
Rob Morgan's inimitable style will help people reacquaint themselves with the hymns of the faithful. His goal is to keep these traditional hymns vital and meaningful to all generations.
About the Book
Over one million copies sold! Have you ever wanted to learn more about hymns, but weren’t sure where to start? Bestselling author Robert J. Morgan shares the incredible stories behind the beloved traditional hymns of faith.
Each week millions of Christians around the world use hymns composed by believers from every era and branch of Christianity to join voices in praise—singing psalms and hymns and making melody in their hearts to praise the Lord.
Pastor Robert Morgan’s goal is to keep these traditional hymns vital and meaningful to all generations. Then Sings My Soul will help readers reacquaint themselves with 150 beloved hymns of the faithful. These devotional-style stories show the emotion and drama behind the hymns of faith that have changed many lives throughout history—from the people whose faith led them to write these wonderful hymns to the people whose faith was affected by reading, hearing, and singing them.
As we sing a new song to the Lord, let’s not forget the old ones. It’s the sturdy old hymns of the faith that strengthen and steady us when we are weary and worn. They’re the ones we sing when rising troubled in the night.
Then Sings My Soul contains:
- Words and music to 150 traditional hymns
- Short, devotional-style stories providing context on each hymn
- Hymn index for easy reference
- Perfect for use as a daily devotional, teaching illustration, or for song leaders and music ministers
An instant classic with more than 1.3 million copies sold, Then Sings My Soul is designed to be personally reflective. These lyrics and stories behind them will speak to your soul, strengthen your faith, and deepen your understanding of God as you worship Him through song.
Words and music to each hymn are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2020-09-15
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2020-09-15
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : MUSIC / Religious / Hymns
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Devotional
- Category 3 : MUSIC / History & Criticism
- Category 4 : MUSIC / Religious / Christian
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Devotional
- Category 6 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Prayer
- Category 7 : RELIGION / History
- Category 8 : RELIGION / Holidays / Christian