The Breathe Life Holy Bible: Faith in Action (NKJV, Hardcover, Red Letter, Comfort Print)
On Sale: 2024-02-13
Discover the wisdom and guidance in God’s Word as you explore the complex social issues followers of Jesus face today.
About the Book
Faith in Action: Being a Gospel-Driven Change-Maker
Christians are called to be the hands and feet of Jesus in the world. To be proclaimers of good news—agents of reconciliation with a message of hope, and faith that takes action. We need wisdom from God’s Word, power from His Spirit, hope from His gospel, and faith that He will equip us for the task.
The Breathe Life Bible invites you to experience Scripture through the lens of the BREATHE acronym: Believe, Reconcile, Exalt, Act, Trust, Hope, and Elevate. Receive practical biblical encouragement. Find answers to some of life’s most difficult situations. Discover what faith in action really looks like as we pursue God’s vision of being a community where all people are valued and cared for.
- Introduction article by Rev. Dr. Bernice A. King
- Foreword by Ambassador Andrew Young
- Prayer of dedication by Bishop Hezekiah Walker
- Encouragement letters from Rev. Matthew Wesley Williams (President, Interdenominational Theological Center), Dr. Thelma Thomas Daley (President, National Council of Negro Women), and Derrick Johnson (President, NAACP)
- The Sky Dive more deeply into faith in action with these three focused articles. Through God’s Word, you are empowered to live a fruitful, abundant life, fully engaged in the pursuit of healthy relationships with God and others.
- The Air Increase your understanding with introductions and overviews for each book of the Bible’s content and themes, plus insights on each book’s relevance to the hearts of people of color today.
- We Speak Look at life through the eyes of 49 people in the Bible. Relate to the joys, sorrows, victories, and defeats of those who lived long ago and glean insights on how to live today.
- Life Support Explore how God’s truth can be applied to action steps in your life through 10 passages in the Bible.
- Inhale-Exhale A Q&A format addresses some of the most difficult life situations with answers that remind you that it is possible to rise above challenges in God’s power.
- #Oxygen Be challenged and encouraged with 98 brief snippets of wisdom drawn straight from the Word.
- Release Focus on tenets of the BREATHE acronym—Believe, Reconcile, Exalt, Act, Trust, Hope, Elevate—through this series of 49 devotions developed by Christian pastors and teachers who seek hope and guidance in God’s Word.
- Cross references and concordance
- Words of Christ in red
- Clear and readable 10-point NKJV Comfort Print®
Dr. Charrita Danley Quimby
Rev. Dr. Eric W. Lee
Michele Clark Jenkins
Stephanie Perry Moore
Min. Derrick Moore
Bishop Kenneth Ulmer
Dr. Arthur Satterwhite
Pastor Debra B. Morton
Pastor Tommy Kyllonen
Rev. Dr. Helen Delaney
Pastor Tommy Stevenson
Bishop Vashti McKenzie
Bishop Marvin Sapp
Dr. Franklin Perry, Sr.
Rev. Dr. LaKeesha Walrond
Antonio Neal Phelon
Elder De’Leice R. Drane
S. James Guitard
Dr. Lakeba H. Williams
Rev. Dr. Walter L. Kimbrough
First Lady Jamell Meeks
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2024-02-13
- Pages: 1696
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2024-02-13
- Trim Size: 159.000mm x 235.000mm x 0.000mm
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : BIBLES / New King James Version / Study
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / History & Culture
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 4 : SOCIAL SCIENCE / Discrimination & Race Relations