Love Like Jesus. Cross Dividing Lines. Transform Your Community.
On Sale: 2022-03-15
Neighborliness is a practical guide to bridging the dividing lines of politics, race, economics, and more so we as individuals as well as church bodies can recognize and amplify the beauty of Jesus in our communities and build God’s kingdom.
About the Book
Do you want to love your neighbor as yourself but don’t know where to start? This practical, accessible guide to bridging the dividing lines of politics, race, and economics, both individually and as the church, will help you amplify Jesus in your community and build God’s kingdom.
When asked what the greatest commandment is, Jesus gave a two-part answer: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength” and also “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Love God. Love others.
Jesus’ simple command to love your neighbor can feel overwhelming when your neighbor looks, lives, and votes differently than you do. Racial and economic tensions across the country have resulted in deep dividing lines that seem really intimidating to cross.
Docusen breaks down these lines in approachable chapters, including topics like these:
- how to actively seek out people you can benefit and encourage,
- what it means to find a diverse and supportive community that fulfills needs,
- examples of real-life experiences, including highlights and missteps of Docusen’s ongoing journey, and
- how churches can teach on difficult topics with grace and truth.
Neighborliness is a practical guide to bridging those dividing lines and learning to recognize and amplify the beauty of God in our communities. Backed by David’s speaking and training through the Neighborliness Center, this book will help individuals and churches reach out to their neighbors, love them through Christ, and build God’s kingdom.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2022-03-15
- Pages: 240
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2022-03-15
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 16.000mm
- Weight: 199.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Social Issues
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Evangelism
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Religion, Politics & State
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Church / Leadership