J. R. R. Tolkien
The Mind Behind the Rings
On Sale: 2022-10-04
J. R. R. Tolkien: The Mind Behind the Rings is an easy-to-read biography that provides insight on the popular author’s life and writings. This book answers frequently asked questions that Tolkien fans and followers have.
About the Book
J. R. R. Tolkien: The Mind Behind the Rings, you'll get a never-before-seen look at the man, the artist, and the believer behind some of the world's most beloved stories.
Join bestselling author Mark Horne as he explores lasting impact of the kind of creative freedom that can only come from faith and struggle.
Raised in South Africa and Great Britain, young Tolkien led a life filled with uncertainty, instability, and loss. As he grew older, however, the faith that his mother instilled in him continued as an intrinsic contribution to his creative imagination and his everyday life.
J. R. R. Tolkien explores:
- The literary giant's childhood, coming-of-age stories, and the countless hurdles he faced
- What inspired and influenced The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
- Tolkien's service in the war
- The ways that Tolkien's faith influenced his work
Previously published as a volume in the Christian Encounters series, this renewed edition of J. R. R. Tolkien now includes updated information about TV series and films inspired by Tolkien's literary creations as well as a discussion guide designed to keep the conversation going.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2022-10-04
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2022-10-04
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Literary
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 3 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / General