On Sale: 2023-08-01
Told mostly through letters, texts, and email, this contemporary romance will charm its way into hearts as Penelope rescues a theater and discovers her true self in the process.
About the Book
The world could do with a little more kindness and positivity and random acts of singing, don’t you think?
Dear Reader, My name is Penelope, and while I may not be a real-life princess, I’ve been told I possess a certain fairy-tale heroine quality. I wield optimism as my weapon of choice, don amazing shoes and vintage hats whenever possible, and speak in musical references. All of which perfectly qualifies me to succeed in my new role as a marketing intern at the historic Darling House theater on the island of Skymar.
Only . . . it seems this internship position is going to be a LOT bigger than I thought. The Gray family, who owns the theater, has been stuck in a rut of darkness ever since the loss of their matriarchs. Now all that’s left is a dying theater, a reclusive grandfather, three siblings, and an adorable seven-year-old girl who desperately needs some pixie-dust magic.
So that’s what this story is about. My plans to save the theater! (Plans that, somehow, keep being stolen by a local competitor.) And an anonymous online theater troupe. And two single brothers who may be vying for this American girl’s heart . . . until they’re not (or maybe they just want me for my ideas too). And a dream job offer that will require me to make a truly heart-wrenching decision. I may not excel at finishing stories, but I promise to see this one through to its happily ever after.
“What do you get when you combine a lovable heroine with characters who have mastered the art of witty banter? A charming read.” —Sheila Roberts, USA TODAY bestselling author
- Witty, hilarious, and heartwarming contemporary romance
- A sweet, kisses-only romance
- An epistolary novel written mostly in emails and texts
- Stand-alone novel, but a companion to Authentically, Izzy
- Book length: approximately 110,000 words
- Includes discussion questions for book clubs
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2023-08-01
- Pages: 416
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2023-08-01
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 0.000mm
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : FICTION / Christian / Romance
- Category 2 : FICTION / Romance / Contemporary
- Category 3 : FICTION / Romance / Romantic Comedy