Turning Broken Dreams Into New Beginnings
On Sale: 2023-09-19
A hope-filled story about starting again after a dream has died---an emotive, poetic, and at times humorous discovery of the healing qualities of beauty, play, friendship, and love.
About the Book
Your dream might be over, but your life isn’t. Embrace your broken dream as a chance for a new beginning and see how a “Resurrection Year” can restore your soul.
After ten years of tear-soaked prayers and repeatedly dashed hopes, Sheridan Voysey and his wife come to a heart-breaking conclusion: their dream of having a child is over. Empty and confused from a decade of disappointment, they leave their jobs, pack their bags, and embark on a journey in search of restoration.
Voysey chronicles the couple’s return to life. From the streets of Rome to the Basilicas of Paris, from the Alps of Switzerland to their new home in Oxford, Voysey and his wife begin the healing process while wrestling with their doubts about God’s goodness. Voysey’s story is beautiful, uplifting, and deeply thoughtful, assuring us that even after the most dead and shattered of dreams can come wonderful, invigorating new life.
- Offers real and universal hope for those who have faced disappointment
- Is for anyone who has experienced their own broken dream, whether it be unwanted singleness, infertility, the loss of a loved one or the loss of a career
- Shares the emotive, poetic, and at times humorous discovery of the healing qualities of beauty, friendship, and love
One-part spiritual memoir and one-part love story, Resurrection Year is an honest, heart-felt book about recovering from broken dreams and reconciling with a God who is sometimes silent but never absent.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2023-09-19
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2023-09-19
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Category 2 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Category 3 : HEALTH & FITNESS / Infertility
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Happiness