The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, and the Triumph of Trust
On Sale: 2012-08-06
Thunder Dog is a story that will forever change your spirit and your perspective. It illuminates Hingson’s lifelong determination to achieve parity in a sighted world and how the rare trust between a man and his guide dog can inspire an unshakable faith in each one of us.
About the Book
An instant New York Times bestseller, Thunder Dog tells the true story of a blind man, his guide dog, and the life-changing power of faith and trust in the face of terror.
When one of four hijacked planes flew into the World Trade Center's North Tower on September 11, 2001, Michael Hingson, a district sales manager for a data protection and network security systems company, was sitting down for a meeting. His guide dog, Roselle, was at his feet.
Blind from birth, Michael could hear the sounds of shattering glass, falling debris, and terrified people flooding all around him. But Roselle sat calmly beside him. In that moment, Michael chose to trust Roselle's judgment and not to panic. They were a team.
As you relive that fateful day in September 2001 alongside Michael and Roselle, you'll learn:
- The ways that grief and loss can lead the way for change
- How the rare trust between a man and his guide dog can inspire your own unshakeable faith
- The healing power of telling your own story
Praise for Thunder Dog:
"Chapter by chapter of this intriguing work will keep you spellbound. Thunder Dog celebrates the power of the human and animal bond. We all can learn life lessons from this incredible story."
--Larry King, Emmy award-winning broadcaster and longtime host of Larry King Live
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2012-08-06
- Pages: 256
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2012-08-06
- Trim Size: 138.000mm x 212.000mm x 20.000mm
- Weight: 312.000gr
- Category 1 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Personal Memoirs
- Category 2 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / People with Disabilities
- Category 3 : SELF-HELP / Motivational & Inspirational
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Spiritual